Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Skeeter

Skeeter has got to be the sweetest nickname around. Think about it. Do you think that ANY of the thousands of people who go by "Skeeter," or "Skeet" for short, have any idea that it means to ejaculate? I'm guessing not too many of them do. I might legally name my kids all some form of Skeeter, including all unfortunate female progeny, sort of the way Roger "HGH" Clemens named all his kids something that starts with "K."

Also, don't be surprised if the Yanks catch the Sox, and then we come right back and win the division anyways. Oh, and I've heard rumors about Roy Oswalt. I don't know who it would take, but I assume it would be some top pitching prospects, and I have to say, most likely I'd be down. Unless it's like Ellsbury, Buchholz, AND someone, it's probably worth it, the dude's stuff translates to the AL East, unlike a Barry Zito type fool (whose stuff doesn't even translate to the NL West anymore). At the same time, why the coño would the Astros wanna get rid of one of the top 10 pitchers in baseball, who has a reasonable contract and doesn't turn 30 until the end of August? Unless I'm missing something (I haven't gotten to see any of his starts this season), I'm not sure what the point would be unless they could get multple guys expected to be so good that it wouldn't make any sense for the other team to trade them.

Lastly, I think I want to be Keith Law; I used to definitely want to be him until I recently decided being a junkie/whino/bum might be more fun. If only my parents were madd rich I could pull that off without even having to sleep against the side of buildings with heating ducts for warmth. Oh well, I guess I'll just be a Spanish teacher or something instead.

No comments: